A unique experience for undergraduates interested in a Ph.D. in the neurosciences
The annual Neuroscience Initiative to Enhance Diversity (NIED) program aims to encourage sophomore, junior and senior undergraduate students to pursue a PhD in Neuroscience.
If you are a sophomore, junior, senior undergraduate or recent grad interested in our program, we encourage you to apply by the January 31 deadline. Your application will be reviewed by a committee of faculty members and graduate students with the intention of inviting at least 25 students to attend the two-day event in the Spring. The Neuroscience Graduate Program will cover all travel expenses incurred by each student, including airfare, lodging and food.
Over the course of two days, you will be involved in lab tours, workshops, poster sessions and mini-lectures. You will also have the opportunity to meet with faculty members and current graduate students in our program. The overall goal of this event is to help you to learn all about the doctoral degree, graduate school, the admissions process and what types of career options you might have with a Ph.D. in neuroscience. In addition, you'll attend essential skill-building workshops that will help you succeed in applying to competitive graduate programs. Workshops will include mock interviews, how to identify and apply to graduate programs and how to write a personal statement.
Let's get started - How to Apply:
- Sophomore, junior, senior undergraduate student or recent graduate
- Underrepresented minority and/or economically disadvantaged
- US citizenship not required
- TRANSCRIPTS: Obtain copies of your undergraduate transcripts from each prior/current college. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable. Scan or otherwise convert the transcripts to PDFs if necessary. It is unnecessary to have your institutions submit transcripts directly to us.
- REFERENCES: two letters of reference should be requested, ideally including at least one faculty member. You must supply names and email addresses for each person that you submit as a reference. Your references can email the letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- APPLICATION: After you have gathered the above materials/information, please fill out the application located below.
- SUBMISSION: Once you have all your materials, please email them to email@example.com
If you have any questions about the program, application, or any other inquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org