Neuroscience Initiative to Enhance Diversity
We are pleased to announce our fourth annual Neuroscience Initiative to Enhance Diversity (NIED) program that aims to encourage junior and senior undergraduate students to pursue a PhD in Neuroscience.
If you are a junior or senior undergraduate interested in our program, we encourage you to apply by the January 31, 2019 deadline. Your application will be reviewed by a committee of four faculty members and two graduate students with the intention of inviting at least 30 students to attend the two-day event on April 18-19, 2019. The Neuroscience Graduate Program will cover all travel expenses incurred by each student, including airfare, lodging, and food.
Over the course of two days, you will be involved in lab tours, workshops, poster sessions and mini-lectures. You'll also have the opportunity to meet with faculty members and current graduate students in our program as well as Dr. A. Kimberley McAllister, the Director of the Center for Neuroscience at UC Davis. The overall goal of this event is to provide an opportunity for you to learn all about the doctoral degree, graduate school and the admissions process. In addition, you'll attend essential skill-building workshops that will help you succeed in applying to competitive graduate programs. Workshops will include mock interviews, how to identify and apply to graduate programs, how to write a personal statement, and preparing for the Graduate Record Exam.
Let's get started - How to Apply:
- Junior or senior undergraduate student
- Underrepresented minority and/or economically disadvantaged
- US citizenship not required
- TRANSCRIPTS: Obtain copies of your undergraduate transcripts from each prior/current college. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable. Scan or otherwise convert the transcripts to PDFs if necessary. It is unnecessary to have your institutions submit transcripts directly to us.
- SPONSOR/REFERENCES: Request either one letter from a faculty sponsor or two letters from other references. You must supply names and email addresses for each person that you submit as a reference. Your references can email the letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- APPLICATION: After you have gathered the above materials/information, please fill out the application located below.
- SUBMISSION: Once you have all your materials, please email them to email@example.com
If you have any questions about the program, application, or any other inquiries please contact Suzette Smiley-Jewell at firstname.lastname@example.org