Prospective graduate students may apply for admission to our Ph.D. program.
Applications are accepted for fall quarter admission only and should be submitted as early as possible.
Application Process - What You Need to Know
- The application fee may be paid by credit card. The appropriate fee must be paid before the application will be considered complete, and a fee must be paid for each application submitted.
- 3 Letters of Recommendation must be submitted electronically through the online application. Do not have recommenders send letters in hard copy, but rather to submit all recommendations online once the online service is available.
- UC Davis requires academic records from each college-level institution you have attended. You will be instructed to upload scanned copies of your transcripts after you have submitted your online application. For more details visit https://gradstudies.ucdavis.edu/submit-transcripts.
- Please use the Institutional Code 4834 for reporting electronic scores from the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) General Test.
- Please use the Institutional Code 4834 for reporting electronic scores from the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) Subject Test. Note: The subject test is recommended but not required.
- TOEFL or IELTS scores are required for international students. Institution code: 4834.
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 is required.
The graduate group cannot review an application until all of the above components are received. Inquiries concerning application procedures or any other aspects of the program should be directed to the address below:
Neuroscience Graduate Group
Center for Neuroscience
1544 Newton Court
Davis, CA 95618